Thursday 11 June 2009

Jolly good fellows

Last year at EDEN in Lisbon (yes, yes I know I keep banging on about it) I was made a fellow of EDEN. This was news that made me world famous in my village. I still have the certificate, and it keeps pride of place. This morning I heard that my dear friend Anna Grabowska was also made a fellow of EDEN. This is well deserved, and about time too! (Now she will be just as insufferable as me). Together, we will be a force to be reckoned with, we will sweep all before us, and no-one better mess with either of us. OK?

Seriously though, together, Anna and I have a big job to do in the coming years and our EDEN Fellowships will stand us in good stead within the academic community. You see, I am chair of the International Federation of Information Processing (IFIP - a UNESCO Sponsored organisation) Working Group 3.6 on Distance Education and Anna is one of my two illustrious Vice-Chairs (the other is Peter Surdiukov, USA). Together, we will be steering this group over the next 3 years, as we seek to shape distance education and e-learning practices and influence policy in many countries around the globe. You think that's difficult? Just try getting an EDEN Fellowship then!

Have fun at EDEN everyone!
Read Steve Wheeler's e-Learning Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment